Who Will Benefit from this Organization?
Children and adults with special needs that live in NORTHEAST OHIO (Northeast Ohio includes the following counties: Ashtabula, Ashland, Carroll, Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Erie, Geauga, Holmes, Huron, Lake, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Richland, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, Tuscarawus, and Wayne).
Where Our Funding is Going
How Funding is Helping Our Families
When is this Funding Available?
A parent or legal guardian may apply for funding assistance for a child or adult ONCE per calendar year.
What is Considered Special Needs?
Special needs is used to describe a life-long disability attributed to developmental and/or intellectual impairments. An individual who has an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Individual Service Plan (ISP) is included. These disabilities affect daily functioning in the following areas: capacity for independent living, economic self-sufficiency, learning, mobility, social skills, receptive and expressive language, self-care, and self-direction.
Financial support may be designated for camps, various therapies, medical expenses, respite, assistive or adaptive equipment, and/or communicative devices that are necessary to meet daily challenges.
- Your information will be kept confidential. Once you click the “SEND MESSAGE” button, your completed application will automatically be forwarded to us. You only need to fill out the Application ONCE. You will receive an immediate email confirmation explaining what you need to do next. (If you do not; please check your spam folder.)
- If you are an adult and your own legal guardian, please fill out the application for yourself. If someone is assisting you; you will need to fill out Zane's Release of Information form and send it along with your initial documents when you open your file.
- If you would like for Zane's to be able to speak with your provider, caseworker, therapist, or anyone else who is assisting you with your file; please fill out Zane's Release of Information form and send it along with your initial documents when you open your file.
- If you are applying for services (such as therapy), a “letter of service” must come from the service provider outlining the service that you will receive, the cost per session and the length of treatment. This letter must come on letterhead and have an original signature on it. We cannot accept a copy. For equipment, you must give us a copy of where this item may be purchased.
- The guidelines for respite or Summer Camp Aides are case by case and your provider must be approved by the Zane’s Board of Directors. You need to pick a provider so that there will be up-to-date CPR classes, First Aid, and a background check.
- All applicants who are asking for Summer Camp funding must have an open file no later than April 1 of the calendar year. We are sorry, but there are no exceptions.
- Please understand that Zane’s will not pay for current bills or past due bills or services. We will only pay for services going forward. Checks will not be given to you. Checks are only given to the providers of services or businesses.
- We will ask for more documents as time continues. We do not return any of your documentation to you. Every family is required to attend a face to face interview with a Board Member.
- There are four quarters for disbursement of funds thru Zane’s Inc. Those dates are January 30, April 30, July 30, and October 30 of each year. Applications are accepted throughout the year. Each applicant family will be notified of a letter of any decisions regarding their file by the end of each quarter.
Any question that is not addressed here, please contact our office at email@example.com or by calling 330-677-ZANE (330-677-9263).
P.O. Box 1642
Stow, OH 44224
Fill out the following Application if you would like to be considered for funding from Zane's Family Support Fund initiative. Those eligible for funding are children and adults with special needs from Northeast Ohio. A parent or legal guardian may apply for assistance ONCE" per calendar year. If you are an adult and your own legal guardian, you need to fill out the application for yourself.